ACS Variables

05-12-2023 07:26 AM
LoriHatfield1
New Contributor II

I have several custom reports in Business Analyst Desktop that reference ACS variables - specifically Asian Population and Hispanic or Latino Population by Origin - see attached.  When attempting to run the report this week,  the variables are not found nor do I have the ability to add them when modifying the report or using the Business Analyst enrich tool.

Eventually, I found the data in AGOL layers and downloaded those into PRO and used the summarize within tool to append the census tract information to my trade areas.  From there, I was able to at least download the data into Excel to replicate the format I had created when downloading the previous custom reports.

Is this the only way to reference the ACS data or am I missing something when I installed the local 2022 Business Analyst data on my system?  I have not had this issue before so I am wondering what changed. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JordanM_Support
Esri Contributor

Hi @LoriHatfield1 ,

Was the custom report utilizing ACS variables built using a local BA Data Source?

If you are unable to access the ACS variables for any business analyst functionality, can you verify that you are still connected to this local data source with the necessary licenses? Data licensing be checked by opening ArcGIS Administrator > Dat Licenses then browsing for BA_2022_ACS. In addition to verifying that the data licenses are available, you can check their expiration date by expanding the BA_2022_ACS license > License Information > Expiration Date.

--Jordan

0 Kudos
LoriHatfield1
New Contributor II

Hi Jordan, the prior report was created using local BA (2010 census) data.  I checked my licensing and all appears to be well with that - screenshot attached.  I have searched for those variables in the all the BA datasets I have access to and I don't see them so perhaps they are not offered anymore. 

0 Kudos