Make historical data available for more (or all) data points

10-30-2020 10:18 AM
Labels (1)
KevinO_Brien
New Contributor II

Why not make historical data available for more data points? For instance, back in August when the 2020 data update was made available, why not archive the 2019 data so it can be used in the future to 'look back'. I am working on a project now where it would be helpful to see regional unemployment rates over the last 5-10 years. To me it seems entirely possible/reasonable to be able to access that information, but is not with the current historical data that is available.

Edit: I should mention that this is specifically for the Business Analyst Web App users.

Thanks!

3 Comments
usiel
by

Hi Kevin,

As far as the Business Analyst Web App and all previous incarnations when a new yearly data update is released the previous year vintage is no longer available.  That said there was a time period in the Business Analyst Desktop could access older online data vintages back when it was using it's own api but since integrating with arcgis online this functionality was lost.

Personally I feel it would be great to at least have the previous years vintage available in the Business Analyst Web App but it would be something that has never been done before.

Only the Business Analyst Desktop product can use/carry multiple local Business Analyst data vintages.

Regards,

Jason R.

by Anonymous User

@KevinO_Brien 

Realizing I just responded in the Questions place. Same question:

What variables would be most valuable to have access to historical data for your work?

DonnaBuhr
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your suggestion to make historical data available for more data points.  As you are probably aware, 2021 marked the third annual release of Esri's Time Series estimates for total population, households, and housing units.  Esri's Time Series database contains data for every year between the previous decennial census and Esri's current estimates at all levels of geography down to the block group level.  Adding more time series data is under consideration and your request is appreciated to help us determine the data most important to your needs.  I will pass your request along to the Esri Data Development team for consideration.  

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and for using ArcGIS Business Analyst Web.

Best Regards,