Customised report summaries should include all radii/drivetime bands

07-27-2018 09:29 AM
KieranSmith2
Occasional Contributor

This thread below originated here:

https://community.esri.com/ideas/15092-create-four-site-radiusdrivetimes-in-business-analyst-onlinew... 

I've noticed that my US report (customised from Esri report) contains a summary (e.g. "In the identified area, the current year population is X." I find these summaries a bit pointless because they only refer to the data in the first band. I'd like to see these removed or customised to reflect data from each band.

Almost always my bands are not difference-based (e.g. I need 0-1, 0-3, 0-5 etc) when calculating the totals. However in my output report that shows the data for all 3 bands in different columns, as seen below. But the text refers to only one "identified area" (which is not specified) and then the numbers are given for only one band. I feel there should be text for all the bands or none at all. If I pass this report on to someone else it's not really intuitive for them as it stands. I'm guessing the text is just taking data from whatever is in the first band (I've heard of the same behaviour in the mobile Quick Facts data).

if additional text can easily fit into the template (too much text would be counter-productive). Also interested to know if this would be specifically for US or can apply to other countries (I work primarily with Canadian data).dbuhr-esristaff‌ SPrindle-esristaff businessanalyst #bao web app