Aviation AOI charts options are missing in the aviation AOI menu, there aren't any aois available in the workspace

Jump to solution
12-25-2021 12:08 AM
Labels (1)
danghm
by
New Contributor II

Aviation AOI charts options are missing in the aviation AOI menu, there aren't any aois available in the workspace after loading the given gdb files,

danghm_0-1640419579695.png

What should I do to have the AOIs shown in the youtube video available? is there any tutorial/procedures that I can follow?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
danghm
by
New Contributor II

You are right.I find the notices:

danghm_0-1640694441923.png

0 Kudos
danghm
by
New Contributor II

Yes, I have. I can create AIS  filegeodatabase,and import aixm5.1 file  or ASP_PD.mdf(Esri support to esrichina )to AIS filegeodatabase. I used editor tool to create one  AOI  feature,but , I can not see AOI information like this below:

danghm_0-1640434429348.png

0 Kudos
KiyoshiYamashita
Esri Contributor

@DanN If you've created an AIS geodatabase and created one or more AOI features in the AIS_AOI feature class (note: prior to the 2.9 release the AOI feature class was named "AOI"), you should see your AOIs listed in the "AOIs Available" section of the Map Properties dialog as shown in your screenshot.  Now, you'll need to make sure that you've populated the attributes of your AOI features as well, specifically the MapID, ReferenceScale, Rotation, UseGeographicExtent, SpatialReference, and Tags attributes.

As you noted, the MapId string is parsed to generate the tree structure used in the dialog, so make sure your MapId values use the proper format: each name in the MapId is separated by two colons ("::").  And each name represents a level in your product catalog hierarchy.

One other note, sometimes I've found that you need to restart ArcGIS Pro after creating your AOI features because Pro has a tendency to cache information for efficiency.  

0 Kudos