Unable to view MMPK in Android after cloud make

Jump to solution
02-22-2018 12:43 PM
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there

I have been able to piece together an app from samples and tutorials. The app runs perfectly in AppStudio for ArcGIS and in my AppStudio Player on Android. But when I actually build the app and create both an APK and EXE file for windows,  it seems as if the MMPK no longer loads in the APK app. However if I install the exe file on Windows, then the mmpk loads perfectly with the app. 

The below image shows the app unable to load the mmpk after creating the apk.

The below screenshot is from the AppStudio player with the mmpk loading perfectly. Same experience on Windows with built app.

Has anyone experienced something similar and have any advice for me to try and troubleshoot?

Should I check whether MMPK was included with APK installation - then that would point to the code not loading the app?

I have been able to build other MMPK-based apps that load perfectly on android, but with very limited functionality. So no problem with the app building process.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you please double check if you have enabled  the external storage (capability from App Settings )in your app? This is required for Android device and not really for windows device. The player already has this enabled by default.

You can also test your mmpk by adding it to the Open Mobile Map mmpk sample and make sure it works.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

First two things I would check are that the MMPK actually did make it onto the android device (i.e. is it bundled with the app, or downloaded by the app?), and what path/url have you used. Maybe android isn't resolving the path to the mmpk properly?

MervynLotter

Hi Paul

The MMPK is bundled with the app. Some of the code used from offline MMPK sample:

property string dataPath:  AppFramework.userHomeFolder.filePath("ArcGIS/AppStudio/Data")
    property string inputdata: "Blyfstaan.mmpk"
    property string outputdata: dataPath + "/" + inputdata
0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you please double check if you have enabled  the external storage (capability from App Settings )in your app? This is required for Android device and not really for windows device. The player already has this enabled by default.

You can also test your mmpk by adding it to the Open Mobile Map mmpk sample and make sure it works.

MervynLotter

Hi Nakul

The problem was that I had not activated the external storage capability. Thank you so much for picking that up! Much appreciated.  Working perfectly now. 

Paul, thank you for your help too.

0 Kudos