Sidebar Template Not Honoring Form from Sidebar Instant App

09-22-2022 07:55 AM
KristianBarrett1
New Contributor

I created a web map to use in Field Maps.  When setting this up I created forms for all the assets I would like to collect in the field.  I am using the same web map in my Sidebar instant app and the forms show correctly.  I then set my AppStudio Sidebar template to use the instant app and when I create a feature in Player it is not honoring the forms I created.  It is showing all the fields.  Is there a way to have my AppStudio app use the forms?  I've attached a screenshot of the Instant App and AppStudio Player.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TrevorFrame
Esri Contributor

Hi @KristianBarrett1 ,

Thank you for your feedback. The AppStudio Sidebar template does not support the new Map Viewer "Forms" you are using at this time due to Runtime for QML limitations. But, once Runtime supports this, we will look to add this support in. 

For the time being, as a work around, you can use Map Viewer Classic to implement the similar "Forms" for AppStudio apps. To accomplish this, open your web map in Classic -> Configure Pop-up -> Configure Attributes -> Check/Uncheck the "Edit" field for the fields you want to display in the "Form". Save the changes to the map. After you make these changes in Map Viewer Classic, create a new Sidebar app from the AppStudio.  

Best,

Trevor

0 Kudos