Qml iPhone offline

05-07-2016 03:51 PM
ShaneFeirer
New Contributor III

I have built an app using the quick report template as a template.  I have built in offline capabilities to the app.  The issue I am having is that the app works on Windows, android tablets, iPads., but I have an iPhone 6s and it works when I use it online, but the phone does not recognize when it goes offline (airport mode).  Has anyone else had a problem with and iPhone and having it recognize when it is offline?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SathyaPrasad
Esri Contributor

Seems like a bug, thanks for reporting. I just tested this on Android (6.0.1, works), iPad (ios 9.3.1, works), iPhone 5s (v 9.3.1., works) and iPhone 6s (v 9.3.1 DOES NOT WORK).

Let me check what might be wrong.

0 Kudos
SathyaPrasad
Esri Contributor

Just a quick update, on further testing we could also not reproduce the problem on

• iPhone 5 (iOS 9.3.2)
  • iPhone 6 (iOS 8.4)
  • iPhone 6 (iOS 9.3.1)
  • iPad (iOS 7.1.2)

So as of now this issue is only limited to iPhone 6plus and iPhone 6s.

0 Kudos
DustinBaumbach
New Contributor II

Hi Shane. Would you mind me looking at your QML code to model my application off of? Offline capabilities are something i'm working on but am having some trouble modifying my quick report template. Please let me know if you'd be willing to let me see your code and I can give you my e-mail address to contact me off of geonet. Thank you.

Dustin

0 Kudos
DustinBaumbach
New Contributor II

Shane FeirerShane Feirer​ Please see my question above. I completely understand if you do not feel comfortable with that, but please let me know. You may contact me off list if you would like at dbaumbach@llu.edu. I look forward to your reply.

0 Kudos
ShaneFeirer
New Contributor III

I would need to take this up with the client that we are creating the application for.

0 Kudos
DustinBaumbach
New Contributor II

HiShane FeirerShane Feirer​,

Please do take this up with your client. I am trying to work with some other people but if there is already something that is made up that I could look at as an example, it would greatly advance the development of my application. Please let me know as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Dustin

0 Kudos
DustinBaumbach
New Contributor II

Hi Shane FeirerShane Feirer

I was just curious if you have been able to speak to your client yet? would they mind me just looking at your code to design my custom app to offline mode based on your code? I would be willing to sign anything that you need to protect your clients application. I'm more interested in how you designed the QML code to create offline capabilities. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Dustin

0 Kudos
DustinBaumbach
New Contributor II

Hi Shane FeirerShane Feirer​,

I was just wondering if you had heard from your client yet? If so, please let me know what your client has said. Like i have mentioned before, this is just to use as a template for my own app and you and your client can be acknowledged in any publications that come from my app. I'm positive that the topics are completely different for our apps but I would like to use your offline app as a template for developing my own app in offline mode. Thank you.

Dustin

0 Kudos