Link from MapViewer to QuickReport

Jump to solution
09-23-2021 07:43 AM
KonstantinNagornyuk1
New Contributor III

Hello! As i understood from this blog right now it's not possible to edit a public feature layer in MapViewer. But I found the help page about integration different apps here and I tried, unsuccessfully to integrate MapViewer with QuickReport. 

it there a way to switch from MapViewer to Quick Report by clicking any button?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@KonstantinNagornyuk1 

You can edit a public feature layer, but you must be signed in to do the edit. 

With the integration between two apps using URL schemes, you need to build both Map Viewer and Quick Report app using URL Scheme set in the Settings page. Also before that you need to make the customization in both templates to include the URL Scheme of each other in for example in a click of a button to open the other apps.

This workflow can only work with built apps that are installed in your device.

How did you set up these two apps? And how are they not working?

Thank you,

Erwin

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@KonstantinNagornyuk1 

You can edit a public feature layer, but you must be signed in to do the edit. 

With the integration between two apps using URL schemes, you need to build both Map Viewer and Quick Report app using URL Scheme set in the Settings page. Also before that you need to make the customization in both templates to include the URL Scheme of each other in for example in a click of a button to open the other apps.

This workflow can only work with built apps that are installed in your device.

How did you set up these two apps? And how are they not working?

Thank you,

Erwin

KonstantinNagornyuk1
New Contributor III

Hello Erwin! Thank you for your support. Yes, I built two apps and installed them on my device. The customization in both templates to include the URL Scheme was made inside the Appstudio desktop. For example, for the quick report app, I created the link https://quickreport.arcgis.app and then this link was added as Contols.Icon inside Mappage.qml of MapViewer template. Now it works fine. 

0 Kudos