Issue debugging Survey 123 Connect (Template) in QT Creator

Jump to solution
09-12-2018 10:59 AM
LyndaMcCallum1
New Contributor

Hi

I've followed the steps outlined here to debug the template in QT Creator (Community Edition)

Debug JavaScript in Qt Creator—AppStudio for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

When trying to run the debug on the out of the box survey 123 template, I get the following errors from Qt Creator 

13:58:21: Debugging starts

13:58:21: Starting C:\Qt\5.10.0\msvc2017_64\bin\qmlscene.exe C:/Users/myuser/ArcGIS/AppStudio/Apps/7d2b8e83c9e44cd4b9e511757e9849d5/Survey123Connect.qml "-qmljsdebugger=port:51225,block,services:DebugMessages,QmlDebugger,V8Debugger,QmlInspector"

QML Debugger: Waiting for connection on port 51225...

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Plugin: void __cdecl AppFrameworkPlugin::registerTypes(const char *) ArcGIS.AppFramework

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Plugin: void __cdecl AppFrameworkPlugin::initializeEngine(class QQmlEngine *,const char *) ArcGIS.AppFramework

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Plugin: void __cdecl AppFrameworkPlugin::initializeEngine(class QQmlEngine *,const char *) Offline storage path: "C:\\Users\\myuser\AppData\\Local\\QtProject\\QtQmlViewer\\QML\\OfflineStorage"

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Plugin: void __cdecl AppFrameworkPlugin::initializeEngine(class QQmlEngine *,const char *) CoInitializeEx failed: -2147417850

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Plugin: void __cdecl AppFrameworkPlugin::initializeNetwork(void) Using system network proxy configuration

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Image: void __cdecl ImageProvider::initialize(class QQmlEngine *) QQmlEngine(0x79b7aff0f8)

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Image: __cdecl ImageProvider::ImageProvider(class QFlags<enum QQmlImageProviderBase::Flag>) QFlags()

Registering QML types: ArcGIS.AppFramework.Desktop

Initializing QML engine: ArcGIS.AppFramework.Desktop

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Sql.Projection: void __cdecl Proj4::initialize(void) PJ_VERSION: 493

ArcGIS.AppFramework.Sql.ST: class QString __cdecl ST_Projection::lookupDef(int) 4326 = "+proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +no_defs"

file:///C:/Users/myuserArcGIS/AppStudio/Apps/7d2b8e83c9e44cd4b9e511757e9849d5/Survey123Connect.qml:1... Type ConnectApp unavailable

file:///C:/Users/myuser/ArcGIS/AppStudio/Apps/7d2b8e83c9e44cd4b9e511757e9849d5/Connect/ConnectApp.qml:214 Type TutorialsTab unavailable

file:///C:/Users/myuser/ArcGIS/AppStudio/Apps/7d2b8e83c9e44cd4b9e511757e9849d5/Connect/TutorialsTab.... plugin cannot be loaded for module "QtWebView": Cannot load library C:\Qt\5.10.0\msvc2017_64\qml\QtWebView\declarative_webview.dll: Th

e specified module could not be found.

13:58:23: Debugging has finished

13:52:41: Debugging has finished

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi,

The error described above is most probably caused due to missing webview dlls in the Qt5.10.0 install folder.

QtWebView is not installed by default when using the Qt installer. Are below files present in the C:\Qt\5.10.0\msvc2017_64 folder?

- bin\Qt5WebEngine.dll

- bin\Qt5WebView.dll

- qml\QtWebView\declarative_webview.dll

I've listed below the steps for installing the QtWebView dlls

- Open C:\Qt\5.10.0\MaintenanceTool.exe

- Select Add/Remove components

- Select QtWebEngine in the Select Components page and click next to install the webview dlls

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Shobana

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi,

The error described above is most probably caused due to missing webview dlls in the Qt5.10.0 install folder.

QtWebView is not installed by default when using the Qt installer. Are below files present in the C:\Qt\5.10.0\msvc2017_64 folder?

- bin\Qt5WebEngine.dll

- bin\Qt5WebView.dll

- qml\QtWebView\declarative_webview.dll

I've listed below the steps for installing the QtWebView dlls

- Open C:\Qt\5.10.0\MaintenanceTool.exe

- Select Add/Remove components

- Select QtWebEngine in the Select Components page and click next to install the webview dlls

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Shobana

0 Kudos
LyndaMcCallum1
New Contributor

Hi Shobana

Is there a way to get these to deploy to my android emulator as well? I'm seeing the following error messages when Trying to load the project.

0 Kudos
LyndaMcCallum1
New Contributor

Thanks Shobana. I can debug now!

0 Kudos
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Lynda,

Survey123 Connect is currently supported only on Windows, macOS and Linux desktop platforms. The Survey123 Connect template code you're using,  uses AppStudio's `ArcGIS.AppFramework.Desktop` qml plugin which is not available on Android.

`ArcGIS.AppFramework.Desktop` plugin usage has been removed in the latest Survey123 Connect template available in AppStudio 3.1 released last week. Even with this change, I'm not sure if Connect will work well on Android.

Do you have a requirement to get Survey123 Connect working on Android?

Thanks

Shobana

0 Kudos
LyndaMcCallum1
New Contributor

I was looking to use Survey 123 Connect with AppStudio for both Android and IOS devices. Previously we have done projects with Connect and Android. I need to modify the qml code within App Studio to limit what surveys appear on the native applications (I read from a public json file on AGOL). But what you are saying is that I cannot use Connect with Android any longer?

0 Kudos
LyndaMcCallum1
New Contributor

Just to clarify I'm not running the Suvery 123 Connect application on an android device. Survey 123 Connect is installed on my desktop and I'm trying to run the application through the Launch Virtual Devices in AppStudio to an android emulator. Eventually this would be made into a native application for Android and IOS.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lynda

Just to clarify Survey123 Connect is the desktop application used to author and publish surveys, and this runs on Windows, Mac OS and Linux. The field app is the application that you take into the field and this runs on Android, iOS, Windows, Mac OS and Linux.

There have been no changes to this, and it is unlikely that you were able to run Connect on Android. If you want to restrict the surveys that appear on a device, you should make the change to the field app (available as the Survey123 for ArcGIS Template in AppStudio). Please share your specific requirements and we can better advise on the best way to move forward with this.

Thanks 

John

0 Kudos
LyndaMcCallum1
New Contributor

Hi John

I am NOT attempting to run Survey 123 Connect on an Android device. There is no confusion on this point. I never had or attempted to run Survey 123 Connect on Android. I created a survey on my windows desktop using Survey 123 Connect. This all works fine within my Survey 123 Connect (template) Application in App Studio when hitting run. I'm now trying to send it to an emulator using the App Studio Launch to Virtual Devices. That is where the errors happen.

My current issue is only trying to resolve the emulator errors so I can test my application. This all previously worked on a previous desktop setup before a windows 10 upgrade.

Thanks,

Lynda

0 Kudos
LyndaMcCallum1
New Contributor

I have also tried uploading an out of the box Survey 123 Connect Template app to AGOL. The only change I made was to the app name and supported devices. Then using App Studio Player on an Iphone I download the app, I get the same errors as I posted above for the emulator.

0 Kudos