Is there any way to find out the file download size when synchronizing?

09-26-2015 03:30 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When synchronizing an offline geodatabase, the sample app shows how to access and display the file size of the data to upload using this line:

var deltaSize = geodatabaseSyncStatusInfo.deltaSize/1000

Is there any way to find out and display the opposite - e.g. the file size to be downloaded from the server? For a large dataset and/or a slow internet connection this would be very good to know.

Cheers,

-Paul

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Paul Haakma

I believe that geodatabaseSyncStatusInfo is the total size in bytes where as deltaUploadProgress is the current amount of bytes that have been synced according to this documentation found here:

ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt QML API: GeodatabaseSyncStatusInfo Class Reference

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alexander

Under the GeodatabaseSyncStatusInfo object, the deltaSize is the total size in bytes to be uploaded, the deltaUploadProgress is how much has been uploaded so far.

But I'm wondering about the download side of things - is there any way for the server to return the size of the download once it has been calculated?

At this stage I'm assuming the answer is no...

-Paul

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1

I see what you are getting at now.  At this time, I do not see it documented in the GeodatabaseSyncStatusInfo class reference which means that it may not be available at this time.  If you would like to see it in a future release of the API I would recommend logging an enhancement request through ideas site found here:

Esri Arcgis Ideas | Ideas Submission Portal

Specifically, I would log it under the Runtime ideas portion found here:

http://ideas.arcgis.com/ideaList?c=09a300000004xET&category=ArcGIS+Runtime

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Alexander

I have posted an Ideas suggestion.

Make the download file size available in the GeodatabaseSyncStatusInfo class - See more at: https://c.na9.visual.force.com/apex/ideaView?id=087E0000000blLQ&returnUrl=%2Fapex%2FideaList%3Fc%3D0...

AlexanderNohe1

Hey Paul Haakma

I am having trouble with that link and think that this link is easier for people to reach:

ArcGIS Idea - Make the download file size available in the GeodatabaseSyncStatusInfo class

Thank you for posting to our ideas site.