Is there a way to add an AuGeo AR widget to a Story Map Tour AppStudio Native Application?

12-07-2019 02:39 PM
RonSheaks1
New Contributor II

I would like to know if there is a way to add a widget that directs to another application in QtCreator for AppStudio. I would like to take a StoryMap tour AppStudio native application and be able to open AuGeo directly from the app and switch between the augmented reality and the storymap. I have found information regarding creating a GUI in Qt Designer as well as creating a Qt widget based application and I am beginning the research process.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Ron, 

The way I would approach something like this, is to use either URL Scheme or Universal Link (beta) feature that is available in AppStudio. This feature allows you to set a URL link that would open an app, and send some parameters to the app. 

You would need to set the URL Scheme of the custom app based on Map Tour template and AuGeo template, then have links on each app that would open another app, and send some parameters that would make sense for the other app to open the StoryMap or the point in augmented reality. 

Integrate with other apps—AppStudio for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Thank you,

Erwin