Impact of ArcGIS Online TLS 1.2 change on AppStudio

Jump to solution
11-20-2018 02:14 PM
TobiasFimpel
Occasional Contributor

AppStudio is not mentioned on the Esri TLS Support Page. How do I know whether an iOS or Android app built with AppStudio for ArcGIS is impacted by this change?

(Specifically I would like to know whether I need to re-publish this iOS/Android app, which connects to ArcGIS Online to get feature service, webapp/webmap items.)

Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

AppStudio is not on that list because apps built with it should not be effected.

We have tested with older apps - eg: Player Classic - and only observed an issue (not specifically related to TLS, but instead because of SSL changes on that platform) on Ubuntu. We successfully tested Player Classic on Windows, Mac, Android and iOS, and expect users app's to not be effected on these platforms.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

AppStudio is not on that list because apps built with it should not be effected.

We have tested with older apps - eg: Player Classic - and only observed an issue (not specifically related to TLS, but instead because of SSL changes on that platform) on Ubuntu. We successfully tested Player Classic on Windows, Mac, Android and iOS, and expect users app's to not be effected on these platforms.

TobiasFimpel
Occasional Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos