i'm creating app using Quick Report Template in App Studio for ArcGIS.

07-20-2016 11:15 PM
SaharuddinLin
New Contributor

i'm creating app using Quick Report Template in App Studio for ArcGIS. My problem is my feature service  and base map at ArcGIS online not appear as what i'm configure at setting app studio. Why basemap and feature service cannor appear in my apps?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SaharuddinLin
New Contributor

App_Add_Location.PNGApp_Frontpage.PNG

Feature_Layer_Hosted.PNG

OpenStreetMap.PNG

0 Kudos
SaharuddinLin
New Contributor

Settings_QuickRep...Properties_Form.PNG

This is App Studio Settings for basemap and Feature service address

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there,

QuickReport is designed to add new features to a point featureservice layer in a form of report. It is not supposed to show your webmap (which has the basemap and  feature service layers). This is by design. It only includes the capability to add a location for your point geometry you are submitting with which the report is associated with.

Having said that you can configure the basemap url if you would like directly in the app settings under Form  basemap service address as shown above in the pic.

If you wanna see your webmap use the MapViewer template.

http://appstudio.arcgis.com/create.html#mapviewer

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Nakul

0 Kudos
SaharuddinLin
New Contributor

But in the settings for App Studio, under* QuickRep..Properties => Form *tab,

there are field asking for basemap service address and *feature service

address. *What is the functioning of these field? (see attachment)

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

As I mentioned before basemap can be set if you would like. Feature service layer is only there to add the report record along with any attachments when you submit the report. It is not there for mapping purpose.

When you submit a report it basically add another feature to the feature service layer. The map you see in the Quick report is to capture the geometry of this new feature.

-Nakul

0 Kudos