How to test localization in Qt Creator with AppStudio sample apps?

Jump to solution
09-07-2017 01:23 PM
MapEnglish
Occasional Contributor

Reading the doc reveals that you can add a "--locale fr" to your QML project by passing this in as a command line argument. When trying to access the "Build & Run" settings for the project the sample app displays a "no valid kits found" message. It appears I need to do something with "Manage Kits." How do I configure a sample app so that I have access to the "Run Settings" dialog in order to put in an argument (similar to the screenshot below):

Command Line screenshot

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Matt,

In AppStudio 2.0, localization is not supported in apps launched from AppStudio / QtCreator. Support for this will be available in the next AppStudio release.

http://doc.arcgis.com/en/appstudio/extend-apps/globalizeyourapp.htm

As described in the above documentation, in AppStudio 2.0 localization support is available only in stand-alone apps built using the Make tool.

Below commands can be used for testing the desktop apps built using Cloud Make.

Windows:
C:\Users\username\Applications\ArcGIS\MyApp\MyApp.exe --locale fr

macOS:
/Users/username/Applications/ArcGIS/MyApp/MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp --locale fr

cc: NManocha-esristaff

Thanks

Shobana

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Matt,

a command line parameter can be executed, as you can imagine from the name, through the command line interface. While I'm not sure exactly how to do it on your operating system (I have to confess I'm largely used to Windows!), to apply a command line parameter you need to open the folder your app is in, enter your app's name (with file extension) and, separated by a space, apply the parameter you want to use. So in your case, it would look something like 'HalalConsole.run --locale fr'.

0 Kudos
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Matt,

In AppStudio 2.0, localization is not supported in apps launched from AppStudio / QtCreator. Support for this will be available in the next AppStudio release.

http://doc.arcgis.com/en/appstudio/extend-apps/globalizeyourapp.htm

As described in the above documentation, in AppStudio 2.0 localization support is available only in stand-alone apps built using the Make tool.

Below commands can be used for testing the desktop apps built using Cloud Make.

Windows:
C:\Users\username\Applications\ArcGIS\MyApp\MyApp.exe --locale fr

macOS:
/Users/username/Applications/ArcGIS/MyApp/MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp --locale fr

cc: NManocha-esristaff

Thanks

Shobana