How to disable watermark if using Runtime Basic license?

Jump to solution
08-21-2018 01:57 PM
MapEnglish
Occasional Contributor

Hi:

I'm making use of a Level 2 named user to edit a private feature service in an AppStudio app. How do I get rid of the watermark on the map? If I use the Lite License workflow I get a warning messages about my use of FeatureServiceTable applyEdits. Do I need to code something?

Matt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MapEnglish
Occasional Contributor

Solution:

Use the Runtime Lite key - this gets rid of the watermark. Then, once you log into ArcGIS Online in the app with a Level 2 named user, set the license level via code:

Connections {
        target: securityPortal
        onLoadStatusChanged: {
            if (securityPortal.loadStatus === Enums.LoadStatusLoaded) {

var licenseResult = ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.setLicense(securityPortal.portalInfo.licenseInfo)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Matt, 

You would need to get the Runtime Basic License String from Esri Customer Service, and then replace the Runtime Lite License String in your app. 

This can be found in the Advance section of the App Setting or appinfo.json

Thank you,

Erwin

0 Kudos
MapEnglish
Occasional Contributor

I'm logging in as a Level 2 named user. I still need a Runtime Basic License String? The doc doesn't suggest that I need a license string. From the doc:

You need to include code in your Runtime app to enable a user to sign in (log in) to a portal and return license details associated with their Named User account.

What do I need to do with the returned license details in my code to remove the watermark?

Matt

0 Kudos
MapEnglish
Occasional Contributor

Solution:

Use the Runtime Lite key - this gets rid of the watermark. Then, once you log into ArcGIS Online in the app with a Level 2 named user, set the license level via code:

Connections {
        target: securityPortal
        onLoadStatusChanged: {
            if (securityPortal.loadStatus === Enums.LoadStatusLoaded) {

var licenseResult = ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.setLicense(securityPortal.portalInfo.licenseInfo)

0 Kudos