how to disable the default launch image

Jump to solution
02-22-2017 11:51 PM
albavoli
New Contributor III

I have an app on qml and using appstudio u can put the launch image in the resources settings.but i want to remove that because i want to use more than one image so i have created a page to generate a splash screen.Now its possible to disable that functionality from appstudio??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SathyaPrasad
Esri Contributor

Mobile apps need a splash screen by design. If you do not want to display anything specific make sure the splash screen image and overlay property is empty in appinfo.json in your app. 

"resources": {
"appIcon": "assets/images.png",
"launchImageBackground": "",
"launchImageBackgroundColor": "#ffffff",
"launchImageOverlay": ""
},

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SathyaPrasad
Esri Contributor

Mobile apps need a splash screen by design. If you do not want to display anything specific make sure the splash screen image and overlay property is empty in appinfo.json in your app. 

"resources": {
"appIcon": "assets/images.png",
"launchImageBackground": "",
"launchImageBackgroundColor": "#ffffff",
"launchImageOverlay": ""
},

0 Kudos
albavoli
New Contributor III

i have tried that but then it grabs the app icon and create a splash screen with that automatically and infact i want to not display the spash screen at all

0 Kudos
GarethWalters3
New Contributor III

As Sathya mentioned you must have a splash screen. Why not just put a simple transparent image in? That way it has a reference but won't show a pic

0 Kudos
Carlos_Carvalho
New Contributor II

Hi Sathya,

I have the opposite problem. I want my lunchimagebackground to show up, but it doesn't. My appinfo.json shows the correct information and while testing the app on the appstudio player the background image appear. But when I make it a stand-alone app (cloud make), the background app's launch image doesn't appear.

Any ideas about the source of the issue?

Thanks,

Carlos Carvalho

0 Kudos