Enhanced Quick Report Template with Offline Capability for Appstudio

02-25-2016 11:55 AM
JayThakur
New Contributor

Hello, We have been trying to use Appstudio with hope that we could use it for Offline. However, Quick Report Template with Offline Capability dont seems to be available. Please make availability of Enhanced Quick Report Template with Offline Capability for Appstudio so that we could use it for our projects. Jay Thakur, On behalf of WWF Germany

---------------------- In order to create an App to works in "offline mode" with QuickReport Appstudio So far we are able to do: 1:- With ArcGis Desktop we created an ArcGisRuntime Content (Geodatabase file) based in our Customized Feature Class 2.- Created a Tile Package (.tpk file)     - We used a ESRI basemap from this list:       http://www.arcgis.com/home/search.html?q=for%20export&t=content&focus=layers     - Add the basemap to an empty MXD that you wish to create tiles for.  Close and save this MXD.     - Open the 'Manage Tile Cache' GP tool.  Specify a Cache Location and the MXD you created in step before.  Add the same basemap to your MXD and digitize your Area of Interest using the parameter in this tool.      -  After our cache is created use the 'Export Tile Cache' GP tool to create a .tpk.  3.- SOME CHANGES INTO THE QUICK REPORT TEMPLATE TO ENABLE “OFFLINE MODE”       1. Removed the Network check to enable app to start in offline mode in landingPage.qml (61-64).       2. Removed Busy Indicator in LandingPage.qml that would show up while loading the notepad icon (72-77).       3. Removed Alert Dialog that appears if there is no internet LandingPage.qml (93).       4. Removed Case in QuickReportApp.qml page so that camera page is always shown (168).       5. Removed if condition for button (New Report) color in WelcomPage.qml. Color used to be different when there is no internet available.      This is now same when there is net available or not (168-169).  4.- SOME CHANGE INTO THE QUICK REPORT FILES TO ADD OUR GEODATABASE.FILE: - copy the .geodatabase file into the /assets directory of your Quick Report template.  (Image attached - assets.jpg).  - Reference this using the gdbPath variable as shown in the Local geodatabase editing Sample Codes.                                              Ex: property string gdbPath = "/assets/mydata.geodatabase". So far we are NOT able to do: 1.- Show the page / survey form with the Feature Server Information in our QuickReport App in the "offline" mode   Jay Thakur, On behalf of WWF Germany

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JayThakur
New Contributor

I am still waiting for your reply. Here is link for steps, I have done: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tl57qj53c9i2824/Changes%20Made%20to%20App%20%2825_02_2016%29.pdf?dl=0 -----

In offline mode:

I am able to see Base Map but I am not able to access to the Form. We are trying our best to make it working.. but we do not know where we have problem.

Waiting for support.

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jay,

Have you considered Survey123 or Collector?  I think this would be a great alternative to AppStudio as offline capabilities are already baked in.

Thanks,

Alexander

SathyaPrasad
Esri Contributor

Jay,

Wanted to reach out and see if you had used the latest version of Quick Report in 1.3 with all new UI/UX and offline support. Here is a quick video if you have not see the new Quick Report yet: Quick Report 1.3 template demo (NEW) - YouTube  or read the blog post here https://community.esri.com/groups/appstudio/blog/2017/01/02/updates-to-quick-report-in-13?sr=search&... 

We are working towards 1.4 version with support for secured feature services, support for collecting lines and polygons, more UI refinements and better data entry. Please let us know if you want us to work on some feature that might be missing. 

cc: Nakul Manocha

offline‌ appstudio‌ runtime‌ field collection‌

0 Kudos
KrishV
by

Is there any way to configure basemap of Qucik Report Template to work offline?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Krish

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Not right out of the box at this point. But if you would like you can customize the Quickreport Map page to use the tpk instead of a webmap. 

But in the future we are looking to bring this functionalitybuiltin to the QuickReport.

-Nakul

KrishV
by

Hi Nakul, 

Can you suggest how to achieve this through code. I'm new to AppStudio and QT. Appreciate your support! 

Thanks, 

Krishna 

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

If you are new to Qml and programming in general. Then it will take some doing. You will need to replace the Webmap with the Map component and add the tpk file. For reference refer our sample "Local basemap (TPK) and features from GDB" to learn how to add tpk in the Map. 

-Nakul

KrishV
by

Thanks for your quick response! 

I made Tpk file and successfully able to use in 

"Local basemap (TPK) and features from GDB" but unable to understand how to integrate this code in Quick report template. 

Thanks, 

Krish

0 Kudos
SathyaPrasad
Esri Contributor

With AppStudio 2.0 release June 30, you will be able to create Quick Report fully offline including maps (mmpk). Lots of other improvements too.