Customized Quickreport 10.2.7 app fails when trying to build

Jump to solution
07-05-2018 02:20 AM
KamranYusaf1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have an app based on the quickreport template 10.2.7, which has been customized(some functionality added, and some functionality removed). When i try to build the app using Appstudio for Desktop(cloud make) i get the following error:

I have tried to build it locally aswell and get the same error:

c:/users/kamrany/downloads/android-ndk-r10e-windows-x86_64/android-ndk-r10e/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.9/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.9/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.exe: internal error in do_fill_plt_entry, at /s/ndk-toolchain/src/build/../binutils/binutils-2.25/gold/arm.cc:7805
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Makefile:78: recipe for target '..\..\Output\android\libAppStudioApp.so' failed

mingw32-make: *** [..\..\Output\android\libAppStudioApp.so] Error 1

Build Failed.

I have attached the logfile from the local make.

Does anyone know what causes the error? And how to solve this?

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Kamran Yusaf‌,

I believe you are using AppStudio 2.1 since your app uses the 10.2.6 ArcGIS Runtime. I checked the build logs on our Cloud Make build servers and can see that the build request for your app has failed with the same error you get with Local Make.

qml: /ld: internal error in do_fill_plt_entry, at /s/ndk-toolchain/src/build/../binutils/binutils-2.25/gold/arm.cc:7805

Please note that AppStudio 2.1 uses Qt5.9.1 for building apps in the Cloud Make build environment. We do not support building apps with Qt5.11.1 + Local Make + AppStudio 2.1. Qt5.9.1 has to be used with AppStudio 2.1 + Local Make

However, the build error does not appear to be related to the Qt version used. The build fails when linking due to an increase in the App binary size. Were any new files added to the app recently?  Can you try removing unused images / reduce image size and try building again?

Thanks

Shobana

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Kamran Yusaf‌ ,

This is weird. 

Did this error occur before or start to happen after you make certain changes to the code? 

And can the same app be run on AppRun and/or AppStudio Player? 

The build log points that you are using Local Make and it points to Qt 5.11.1 in which we are not using yet. Currently, the AppStudio Desktop 3.0.x is using Qt 5.10. 

Which version of AppStudio Dekstop are you using? 

But it still puzzles me why this is failing on Clould Make. 

Thank you,

Erwin

ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Kamran Yusaf‌,

I believe you are using AppStudio 2.1 since your app uses the 10.2.6 ArcGIS Runtime. I checked the build logs on our Cloud Make build servers and can see that the build request for your app has failed with the same error you get with Local Make.

qml: /ld: internal error in do_fill_plt_entry, at /s/ndk-toolchain/src/build/../binutils/binutils-2.25/gold/arm.cc:7805

Please note that AppStudio 2.1 uses Qt5.9.1 for building apps in the Cloud Make build environment. We do not support building apps with Qt5.11.1 + Local Make + AppStudio 2.1. Qt5.9.1 has to be used with AppStudio 2.1 + Local Make

However, the build error does not appear to be related to the Qt version used. The build fails when linking due to an increase in the App binary size. Were any new files added to the app recently?  Can you try removing unused images / reduce image size and try building again?

Thanks

Shobana

0 Kudos
KamranYusaf1
New Contributor III

Hi Shobana,

It is workning after i deleted unnecessary files from the app.

Thanks

0 Kudos