Can I make my survey123 form available in the appstore (like with AppStudio?)

08-22-2018 11:04 PM
AurelieShapiro
Occasional Contributor II

I have a nice survey123 form that is shared publicly. Rather than share the link every time, it would be great to point people to an app in the Android store. Is this possible? and to keep the offline capability?

I have a Developer license, running AppStudio with the standard license (additional options). I also have a google developer account.  What do I need to do?

15 Replies
DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Aurelie Shapiro‌,

Thank you very much for providing your custom code to help the rest of us develop stand alone survey123 smartphone applications for distribution. I did notice that your "Send Now" button is not working on my screen. Why is this? Is some code commented out that prevents the form from submitting when the "Send Now" button is clicked? If so, can you please direct us to the proper fix for this? I'm not sure where the button code is being read from.

Thank you,

Dustin Baumbach, PhD

Loma Linda University

0 Kudos
AurelieShapiro

Thanks Dustin,

Glad you are able to use the code! Would you please share what you are doing with it?

I cannot tell you why the send now button is not working…it could be that this version is a bit old now? Or go through and uncomment any fields around the send now code. In QT creator you can search for functions, but I had a student do this long ago..

Someone from ESRI or on this list might help?

Sorry…

-a

0 Kudos
AurelieShapiro

Also, the ESRI UC is ongoing now and you can make appointments and talk 1 on 1 with ESRI – this would be a great opportunity to do so for your app!

0 Kudos
DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

P.S. I've also noticed that the "Save this Survey in Drafts" is also not working. Tina Jin‌, did you also find this to be true when testing this app? Did you find a way to submit and save?

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Can I please also get a source code?!

Thank you,

Yulia

YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Hello James,

Could you please provide the pieces of code that should be changed to pre-populate 1 particular form when app is opened and also update it each time? I added openParameters function, which is supposed to open the form skipping gallery page, but it only worked for the first time, once it installed the form, it stopped downloading it and just brought me to the gallery page each time. Any help will be highly appreciated!!!!!