Can I combine the reporting functionality of Quick Reporter and Map Viewer into one application via ESRI AppStudio?

11-11-2015 07:42 PM
MichaelBussey
New Contributor

I want to construct an app that builds a crowd sourced map from people's reports much like the graffiti demo app however I want for them to be able to interact with the map and see hot spots of the reports all within the same mobile application. Appreciate any guidance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GarethWalters
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Michael,

Sure you can. That is part of why we built them so you have code to pillage to create your own magnificent app!

As a quick suggestion, look at the MapPage.qml in the Quickreport, It was designed for this type of scenario, just never made it into prime time. Take a look at how that works and how we use the stackview to populate the screen.

I think you will be able to add a button somewhere and do a "push" to get what you want.

Good luck and happy mapping.

Gareth

AnkitPrahnani1
New Contributor III

Hey Gareth,

I am Ankit, a geoinformatics student.

This answer is what I was looking for. I am trying to combine the functionality of map viewer and quick report.

However, since I have no prior experience in QT and QML I am unable to properly understand how to proceed.

Can you please elaborate on how to work with MapPage.qml

Also can you suggest some sources where I can learn more about customizing appstudio templates using QT?

Hoping to hear from you soon!

Ankit. 

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ankit,

Please take a look at this wiki. This has some nice tips and tricks and quick code snippets to use to learn more about QML, Runtime and AppStudio. 

Home · Esri/arcgis-appstudio-samples Wiki · GitHub 

-Nakul

AnkitPrahnani1
New Contributor III

This seems like a good resource.

Thanks a lot Nakul!

0 Kudos