AppStudio Quickreport template not attaching pictures

06-12-2018 01:06 AM
KamranYusaf1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have built an app using the Quickreport template(v 2.1.x). The app is configured, so its not allowed to skip the photoPage. This means that the 'Next' button is hidden, until a picture is attached. In most cases the pictures are attached and the 'Next' button becomes visible, but occasionally when a photo is chosen from the gallery, it shows a black screen on the photo placeholder, and the 'Next' button becomes visible. This error occurs randomly when i choose a photo from either my device gallery or from my iCloud gallery. Does anyone have a solution/workaround to fix this error?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kamran,

Thank you for asking your question in our community.  We will start to investigate this issue.  Could you please attach the screenshot of the "blank screen on the photo placeholder".  What is your device model and os version?

Thanks,

Tina  

0 Kudos
KamranYusaf1
New Contributor III

Hi Tina

We have found some scenarios where it fails to attach the pictures. The pictures can be seen in the picture chooser, but they dont get attached. 

This is tested on an iPhone 5s with the newest OS:

• Pictures taken on the device always gets attached
  • Pictures from the gallery, which are taken with the device running the app always gets attached
  • Pictures from the gallery, taken from another device(iCloud) also gets attached
  • Pictures from the gallery, which are saved from a mail from another device does not get attached
  • Pictures from the gallery, which are screenshots taken from another device(iCloud) does not get attached
  • Pictures from the gallery, which are screenshots taken from the device running the app gets attached  

I hope this helps, and thanks for looking into the matter

0 Kudos