Print map sample

11-17-2010 10:45 AM
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor
For those who are interested, I just updated the print map sample.
A live version is still available here.

After refactoring the code, there are now separate components for:
- cloning a map (using an attached property)
- displaying the print grid (PrintOverviewLayer)
Combining these components gives more output possibilities just by changing the mapprinter style.
Example of output : WithLegend/WithOverview (in low definition pdf to reduce file size).
0 Kudos
17 Replies
DominiqueBroux
Hi Dave,

I just updated the print sample with your great additions:
- dictionary that be used for custom values to be output (I transformed it to an ObservableDictionary that is useful in some scenarios).
- new events OnErrorPrinting, PageChanged and PrintProgress (I changed your event 'OnPrintInitializing' to 'PageChanged'. This allows to change the output by page and and to see the result in the preview window (not tied to the beginning of the print)).
Here is an example of output depending on the page (text changes).

Thank you very much for your suggestions.
0 Kudos
DaveTimmins
Occasional Contributor II
Hi Dominique,

looks great. Awesome work 🙂

Cheers,
0 Kudos
VM2
by
New Contributor

The link to the code is not working. Can you please help? Also does the sample work with silverlight 3.2 API?

0 Kudos
DominiqueBroux

Looks like the links have been lost during forum migration :

A version of this sample is also available in the interactive SDK: Client Printing. This version is simplified (not multipage, no way to fix the scale) but the UI has been enhanced.

VM2
by
New Contributor

Thanks Dominique!

For some reason, when I chose print dialog and select a part of the map to print, it is not printing in the full page. This feature was working fine with earlier code when we were using Silverlight API 2.4. Would you know what could be the reason?

0 Kudos
DominiqueBroux

The sample is supposed to support Silverlight 3.2 since all live versions are using it.

I you can share a repro case, I'll look at it.

/Dominique

0 Kudos
yousofothman
New Contributor III

thanks very much Dominique

i use this sample in my application

it is simple and very nice

0 Kudos
Asgharkhan
Occasional Contributor

i cant use this sample with 2.4 api and silverlight 4,,, r there have any ver for

0 Kudos