new image service capabilities with API 3.0

05-11-2012 04:06 PM
olivierdev
New Contributor III
I'm using the Silverlight 3.0 Pre release API with ArcGIS Server 10.1 Pre release.
During dev summit Silverlight session, some of the new image service capabilities were demonstrated, specifically the upload of raster file into a mosaic, etc...
What I understand, is that it has to be done basically by following two steps : 1) upload the raster, 2) add the raster to the imageservicelayer.
During the second step, we have to specify ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Tasks.ImageServiceAddParameters for the addTask.
I cannot get it to work. I still have an error : {Error code '400': 'Invalid or missing input parameters.'}
Please, could someone give me an example (sample code)?

Will the Image Service Editor sample application demonstrated during dev summit be available for download?

Thanks,

olivier
0 Kudos
1 Reply
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
That demo was based on a post-pre-release build of server and the api.
There have been quite a few (breaking) changes in the image services on server and fixes to crucial bugs, and the API�??s have changed as well to accommodate that (in other words, without the final server build and a post-RC build of the API this won�??t work).
When 10.1 and the API�??s releases, we will share the source code of that sample on arcgis.com (we�??re not sharing yet because of the breaking changes �?? it just won�??t work on the currently released pre-release yet).
0 Kudos