How to Locate the polygon in the Mapserver use the Silverlight API

08-11-2014 06:50 PM
jackcowper
New Contributor

Hi,Everybody:

I want to get some information about how to locate the polygon in the Mapserver use the Sliverlight API.

For now ,the Mapserver's structure contains  GroupLayer,and then ,the GroupLayer contains the shp file,the  below picuture  indicate the Mapserver's structure.

1.png

But,When I used the Sliverlight API to get the Mapserver's polygon,that is failed. Partners told me that the Mapserver is a whole object as a Layer,though we get the layer,we can't get the layer's polygon(the above picture,I mean I can't get the layer which named "2"),so ,is there any other better way?

Any reply will be appreciated!

Tomy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AsserSwelam1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tomy,

If your MapService is TiledMapServiceLayer you will not be able to control Layer ("2") as separate FeatureLayer. If it is DynamicMapServiceLayer then you can get the Layer ("2") as FeatureLayer using its index and work on it as Polygon FeatureLayer.

Thanks,

Asser