Geometry service project coordinates question

Jump to solution
06-30-2013 02:19 AM
MoizIshfaq
New Contributor II
Greetings,
I would like to project a set of input coordinates from say Coordinate System ???A??? to ???B??? or vice versa and add the results to the graphics layer which is supposed to be overlaid by another layer with Coordinate System ???C???.  I have already checked the documentation at url ???http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/silverlight/samples/start.htm#Project??? but it is always converting the result to a spatial reference system which is same as of displayed map tiled layer. In my case, if the coordinate system A or B is similar to the C then my code implementation displays the graphic results on the map without any problem but if it differs from the ???Tiled map layer??? coordinate system than the results are either displaced or not showing at all.
I understand the reason why they are not matching, but would like to know if there is any way we can overlay the projected coordinates on the tiled map layer if its coordinate system is different than tile map layer spatial reference. I know that using ???ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Projection.WebMercator??? API we can transform the results from WGS84 to WebMercator coordinate system or vice versa but in my case the result coordinate can be different than both of these coordinate reference systems. One option could be reprojecting the results but that would be a bit mess in my opinion. Another solution could be if I move the logic to Geoprocessing task rather than calling geometry service but that is a second option which I don???t want to consider at first.

Kindly, share your thought for any solution, architecture change, documentation or helpful link. In advance I thank you for your time and help.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MohammadIshfaq
New Contributor III
Hi,
You can achieve your desired results by defining a new method, creating a new instance of geometry service in it and defining separate event handlers to initiate and then get the completed result. It should work flawlessly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MohammadIshfaq
New Contributor III
Hi,
You can achieve your desired results by defining a new method, creating a new instance of geometry service in it and defining separate event handlers to initiate and then get the completed result. It should work flawlessly.
0 Kudos