ExportWebMap and Secured Services

Jump to solution
11-18-2013 04:30 PM
AngeloCirocco
Esri Contributor
Printing Secured Mapping Services?

I am just wanting to get some guidelines to use the ExportWebMap GP task in ArcGIS 10.1 to access an AD secured GIS web services.

I have been easily able to configure printing using non secured mapping services, however when I activate Windows AD access on the mapping services the ExportWebMap fails. 

I suspect that either the mapping service URLs sent in to the ExportWebMap GP input parameter(s), when handled by the SOC processes in the GIS site are being blocked (despite using a Domain user as the ArcGIS Server windows account) or some sort of proxy.ashx page needs to configured with the Silverlight Viewer.

If anyone has overcome this issue, I am sure many people would be grateful if you could share you knowledge.

Kind Regards,
Angelo Cirocco
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BobNichols
New Contributor III
When printing/exporting a map from a secured service, you have to create a new ExportWebMap GP Task.  You can't use the default one.  You can find instructions here:  http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/#/Printing_maps_that_contain_secured_services/01540000...

You will need to create a service account in AD that has read permissions to your secured services.  When you setup your new ExportWebMap GP, you will add the service account so the task can actually connect to the services you want to export.

I just went through this myself. The instructions above are pretty straightforward but let me know if you have anymore questions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BobNichols
New Contributor III
When printing/exporting a map from a secured service, you have to create a new ExportWebMap GP Task.  You can't use the default one.  You can find instructions here:  http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/#/Printing_maps_that_contain_secured_services/01540000...

You will need to create a service account in AD that has read permissions to your secured services.  When you setup your new ExportWebMap GP, you will add the service account so the task can actually connect to the services you want to export.

I just went through this myself. The instructions above are pretty straightforward but let me know if you have anymore questions.
0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe1
New Contributor
I am in the process of getting this set up - but am getting the esrijobfailed error message.

Here is my set up. Any thoughts would be great
http://screencast.com/t/WcyZwd9aR6

Thanks
John
0 Kudos
BobNichols
New Contributor III
John,

I got a little lost with the flex builder stuff, but from what I can tell you haven't added your service account to the services that you want to print.  So lets say you have a Domestic Water map service that you want to print.  Your printing service account must have view permissions to that service to be able to print it.  I apologize if I am incorrect and you did do this, otherwise I am not to sure what could be wrong.

Good luck!
0 Kudos