Display query results on map

04-29-2010 10:31 AM
AnilDhiman
New Contributor
I have a scenario where, few feature layers in geodatabase(SQL server)  are related to some tables through ARCSDE. I have created relationship classes with these tables in arccatalog.
Now when my Silverlight map loads, I need to pass some other table Primary key and display the geometry from feature layer table linked to this primary key.

Feature Layer F, --- OBJECTID, SHAPE
Relation Table R, -- ID,OID,RID,NAME
Table A ------------- RID,CITY

I have to pass RID which will again retrieve gemetries related to this RID and display on map. Can anyone please suggest few pointers to achieve this functionality.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AnilDhiman
New Contributor
This forum is bit slow in replying.. I am still stuck with this issue.
0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
The REST service in ArcGIS Server 9.3.* does not supported related fields. You will need to wait for the final release of ArcGIS Server 10.0 and v2.0 of the Silverlight API for this support.
0 Kudos
NikkiGolding
New Contributor II
I just downloaded the SL API 2.0 Beta  and cannot figure out where in the SL API related records are accesible.

I can see the supported operation 'query related records' via the REST API on the service, but I am unable to determine what in the SL API will faciliate a query to related records.  I am sure there is something obvious .. that  I missing.
0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
Unfortunately this didn't make it for the beta cut, but will be available in the next release.
0 Kudos
BrianGustafson
New Contributor III
Are there any samples for querying related records?
0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
I believe this is the method you are looking for: http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/silverlight/apiref/ESRI.ArcGIS.Client~ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Tasks.Quer...
It works pretty much the same way as a "normal" query.
0 Kudos