An unhandled exception Code:4004 ArcGIS Server 10.4

03-08-2016 05:07 AM
AndrewCallison
New Contributor III

I'm getting the attached error message when trying to run a Silverlight application. The applications appears to get this error every time it tries to access a web service from an ArcGIS Server 10.4 install. I have a ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 and ArcGIS Server 10.0 install and accessing web services from those instances work fine, but if I include a web service from the ArcGIS Server 10.4 install I get the attached error message.

I have followed the instructions for including the crossdomain.xml and clientaccesspolicy.xml files in the root of the web server, but I still get the error message.

Thanks for any help!

Troy

9 Replies
DavidSchuster1
New Contributor II

I'm also having the same problem with a Silverlight application accessing map services after upgrading to ArcGIS Server 10.4.  Here is the full stack trace:

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'System.Collections.ICollection'.

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Layer.OnInitializationFailed(EventArgs e)

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Layer.Initialize()

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer.<>n__FabricatedMethod33()

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer.<>c__DisplayClass31.<MapServiceInfoInitFailed>b__2f()

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
TJRockefeller
New Contributor III

What Silverlight API version were you using when you got these errors? We are getting the same errors when using Silverlight API version 3.0, and were wondering if this was still a problem on version 3.3 Is ArcGIS for server 10.4 incompatible with the Silverlight API with regards to dynamic map layers? ...

Thanks,

TJ

0 Kudos
TroyProctor
New Contributor III

Andrew Callison is using ArcGIS API 3.3 for Silverlight.

0 Kudos
SethPatrich
New Contributor III

I upgraded to the latest version (the ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.dll has version #10.2.5.825) and I am still getting that error.

0 Kudos
DavidSchuster1
New Contributor II

I am also using the ArcGIS API 3.3 for Silverlight.

0 Kudos
EricDaniel1
New Contributor

I think this is related to #BUG-000093360, in which 10.4 map services now include a titleServer property.  The property is being returned as a string value, but the Silverlight API is expecting a string array.  Esri responded that this would be fixed with ArcGIS for Server 10.4.1, I understand this isn't much help for clients working with 10.4 services.  If you were able to get 10.4 map services loaded into a silverlight webmap, please share your trick on how you got it working!

Thanks,

Eric D.

SethPatrich
New Contributor III

I've tested a Silverlight application with the new ArcGIS 10.4.1 patch and I can confirm that this bug is fixed.

0 Kudos
JohnRogers1
New Contributor

Do you have a link to the patch?

0 Kudos
TJRockefeller
New Contributor III

Do you or anyone else know of a public ArcGIS server that is running 10.4.1 that I could test with? It seems all of the public services hosted by esri are 10.3 or older.

0 Kudos