Swatches in Legend get pixelated after ScaleTransform

06-27-2012 07:47 AM
VladimirKnezevic
New Contributor
For printing purposes, I use ScaleTransform on a Legend control so that I can deal with DPI when exporting images. I have to enlarge the entire map control and its elements (legend, scale bar, etc.). It works perfectly, apart from the legend�??s swatches, which obviously get pixelated. Please see the attached example that shows pixelated SimpleMarkerSymbols.

I would like to obtain real symbols of the legend items instead of their bitmaps. In that case, at least for known symbols (i.e. layers with renderers), I would use a SymbolDisplay control that would get scaled without issues (unless the symbols contain rasters).

Is such a thing possible, or there is another path I should follow (excluding PrintTask option)?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This is an enhanced version of my previous thread (http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/58815-Using-real-symbols-instead-of-their-bitmaps-in-Legend-(Symbol...), because I couldn't find a way to change its title.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ElitsaBaklova
New Contributor II
Hi Vladimir,

In the sample behavior that I have attached to the following forum post you will see how you can grab hold of the actual image swatches that are displayed in the legend control. Please give it a try and let us know if you have any further questions.

Kindest regards,
Elitsa Baklova
0 Kudos