Intallation error

07-22-2010 02:00 PM
JasGT
by
New Contributor
Hi all,

I can't install ArcGIS API for Microsoft Silverlight/WPF 2.0, the intall send this message: Installation ended prematurely because of an error. I have windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits, VS 2010 ultimate, Microsoft Expression 4 and I'm try download the exe many times and can't install, help.
0 Kudos
22 Replies
patroam
New Contributor
1. With the application already installed I get to the "Application Maintenance" screen. On any of the choices clicking Next causes the fatal error.

2.  Yes.

3.  Yes

4.  No

5.  ArcGIS API for Microsoft Silverlight�?�/WPF�?� version 2.0

Pat

Thanks for the log.  A couple questions�?�

1)    In the setup, do you get to the panel that shows the license agreement?

2)    Have you tried unblocking the exe?  (right click, go to properties > General tab, click Unblock)  If not, try it and see if you�??re able to run through the setup.

3)    Have you tried explicitly running the exe as an administrator?  (right click, select �??Run as administrator�?�)

4)   Did you have ArcGIS Silverlight/WPF 1.x installed on this machine in the past?  

5)  What ESRI products do you have installed currently?

Thanks
0 Kudos
KelceyCasson
New Contributor
I've got the same problem (error on install, same error listed), but I'm running 32-bit Windows 7.

I've also got the Silverlight API 1.1 installed on my system and am getting the same error when I try to uninstall it ... I'll try to get you a log file later today.
0 Kudos
MarkStoren
New Contributor
I also encountered the same error trying to install on Windows 7.  It can be worked around by running the installer from the command line using the following:

msiexec.exe /i "c:\users\<name>\appdata\local\temp\arcgis api for microsoft silverlight-wpf x86\v2.0\setup.msi" /qr+
0 Kudos