Select to view content in your preferred language

How to save pictures to a graphic's attribute(which is a Raster field) in editing?

09-11-2010 03:27 AM
wangzhifang
Frequent Contributor
Hi guys, is there a possibility for user to upload a picture file and save it as a feature's attribute in arcgis api for silverlight?
Supposing there is a "photo" field which type is raster in my featureclass, how to save a picture file into this field of a newly created graphic and post it back to the server?
btw, I'm using arcgis server 10.
Thanks for any advice.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
I can't find anyway to store a picture to raster field.
You can try to use attachment. Attach any Object(word, excel, picture ...etc.).
It's worked and show in silverlihgt application.
0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
As shryu mentions, this is what attachments were made for.
0 Kudos
jamieeyre
Deactivated User
Hi,

I would like to do the same thing, but your suggestion of using an attachment would require a lot of work. In that case, i would have to write a service which could handle the attachment, and then make the necessary edits through the ArcGIS server SDK on the server-side.

I would like to use an object in the silverlight API to do this. I see in the ArcGIS Mobile Client SDK, there is an object for doing exactly that: http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgismobile/10.0/apis/ArcGISMobile/WinApp/ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.Client~ESRI....

I have looked at the REST API and noticed there is no possibility to pass an image when making a feature attribute edit. This would seem to tell me that there is no possibility to do this through the silverlight sdk. As far as I understand the silverlight sdk communicates to ArcGIS server only through the REST API.

Is there any possibility directly via the silverlight sdk?

Thanks,
Jamie
0 Kudos