Expose or gain access to the underlying featuredataform in the editorwidget

12-27-2013 08:34 AM
ChrisSmith14
New Contributor II
Our custom application uses the editor widget.  Currently, the featuredataform that the widget uses formats and saves all datetimes as DateKind.Local.  This isn't useful to us since whenever any datetimes are committed back to the database it is converted to DateKind.Utc.

What I'd like to do is capture an event or otherwise gain access to the underlying featuredataform that the editorwidget uses so that I can change the DateKind to UTC, but I can't see where that control is exposed in the editorwidget.  Any advice?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor
Our custom application uses the editor widget.  Currently, the featuredataform that the widget uses formats and saves all datetimes as DateKind.Local.  This isn't useful to us since whenever any datetimes are committed back to the database it is converted to DateKind.Utc.

What I'd like to do is capture an event or otherwise gain access to the underlying featuredataform that the editorwidget uses so that I can change the DateKind to UTC, but I can't see where that control is exposed in the editorwidget.  Any advice?

You can download the source code from codeplex or Github for EditorWidget and FeatureDataForm.

Basically, you can get access to FeatureDataForm through TemplatePicker class which is a component of EditorWidget

internal static void ShowAttributeForm(FeatureLayer featureLayer, Graphic graphic)
  {
#if SILVERLIGHT
   ChildWindow window = new ChildWindow();
#else
            Window window = new Window();
            window.Owner = Application.Current.MainWindow;
            window.WindowStartupLocation = WindowStartupLocation.CenterOwner;
            window.SizeToContent = SizeToContent.WidthAndHeight;
            window.ResizeMode = ResizeMode.NoResize;
#endif
   FeatureDataForm form = new FeatureDataForm()
   {
    GraphicSource = graphic,
    FeatureLayer = featureLayer,
    IsReadOnly = !featureLayer.IsUpdateAllowed(graphic),
    MaxWidth = 500,
    MaxHeight = 500
   };
   window.Content = form;
   form.EditEnded += (s, e) => { window.Close(); };
#if SILVERLIGHT
   window.Show();
#else