ArcGIS API for Microsoft Silverlight 2.0 using ArcGis 9.3.1 release of the map servic

08-19-2010 02:33 AM
leosnowmaple
New Contributor
ArcGIS API for Microsoft Silverlight 2.0 using ArcGis server 9.3.1 release of the map service problems: the current release of the map with ArcGis 9.3.1 service

delivery network of services (NAServer), in the ArcGIS API for Microsoft Silverlight 1.2 version to access all normal, using the new ArcGIS API for

Microsoft Silverlight 2.0 release, VS 2010 development environment, the access to these services made possible by routing error: error solving route,

unable to find attribute invalid context! ! Error, how to solve? ArcGIS API for Microsoft Silverlight 2.0 is designed for arcgis server 10 to access the

service may indeed release 9.3.1 problems? ?
0 Kudos
17 Replies
RobertDolormente
New Contributor
Are you using the same url? http://tasks.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/NetworkAnalysis/ESRI_Route_NA/NAServer. This seems to be a broken link and might be what causes the issue? Also the version of http://tasks.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/NetworkAnalysis seem updated to 10.01.

No, I'm using a service created with some local data with the City. It works in an app that we developed with the ArcGIS API for Silverlight 1.0 but when I move the same code to an app using 2.1, I get the error I reported in my last post.

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
HoudiniSutherland
New Contributor
Guys, did anyone get this thing to work? I am facing the exact same issue. I created and publish my network service, created the app in VS to call it, and BOOM! that stupid message. I am using V 2.2 of the API.
0 Kudos
ChristopherHill
Occasional Contributor
Hi all,

I have used the above code sample and replaced it with a 9.3.1 routing service. I tested the sample with 1.2, 2.0 and 2.1 Silverlight API and have not been able to reproduce the error mentioned. The problem may be with the Routing service itself. If someone has a public service they don't mind sharing i would be happy to test against their service.

.Chris
0 Kudos
HoudiniSutherland
New Contributor
Hi all,

I have used the above code sample and replaced it with a 9.3.1 routing service. I tested the sample with 1.2, 2.0 and 2.1 Silverlight API and have not been able to reproduce the error mentioned. The problem may be with the Routing service itself. If someone has a public service they don't mind sharing i would be happy to test against their service.

.Chris

Chris,

I will check if it is possible to actually share the info of the service. However, just to point out; I am using ArcGIS 10, not 9.3.1, and also I am using ArcGIS API for Microsoft Silverlight 2.2. As stated before, I am calling my own network service, not ESRI's service: (http://tasks.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/NetworkAnalysis/ESRI_Route_NA/NAServer/Route), which by the way works perfectly. I can't see why I am not attaining success with calling my service as I did when I called ERIS's.
0 Kudos
HoudiniSutherland
New Contributor
Nope, the service isn't public at the moment.
0 Kudos
GaryBushek
New Contributor III
Same issue.  We are using ArcGIS 10 and the Silverlight 2.4 API.  And get the message "Unable to find attribute .  Invalid context.". 

The differences we can see are:
  1. the Impedence field on ESRI's service is "Time" and our Impedence field is named "Cost".
  2. ESRI's service uses a spatial reference of 4326 and ours is projected as 26918.
  3. Our's was not built from an SDC dataset but an uncompressed Network dataset.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
0 Kudos
MuhammadWaqar_ul_islam
New Contributor III
DOES ANY BODY FIND THIS ISSUE SOLVED
I TIRED A LOT DIDNOT FIND ANY THING
I HAVE API 2.2 2.3.2.4 even 3 with arcgis server 10
on Arcinfo network work fine
i m attaching small gdb for ur testing
0 Kudos
VesaLaakko
New Contributor III
Try to add hierarchy attribute to your network dataset, build and check you use it. Helped for me.

t. Vesa
0 Kudos