Select to view content in your preferred language

How to find dependencies in Portal for ArcGIS using ArcGIS API for Python?

Jump to solution
12-14-2022 07:19 AM
Labels (3)
ErnestoCarreras2
New Contributor III

Hello, I am trying to figure out item dependencies in my ArcGIS online account to perform some cleanup afterwards. When I execute the script, it is not printing the dependency information the way it should be. I got the script from Esri’s technical Support website: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000021183

Any assistance/guidance will be appreciated.

The following is an example of what I am getting from the script:

Item:        Ravenswood Parking Lot                    id d3x20842a3a349e19cd438x86c8a84fx is dependent on these items:      {'total': 0, 'start': 1, 'num': 0, 'nextStart': -1, 'list': []}

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Did you paste in the item ID when prompted, then hit enter and continue running the code?

RhettZufelt_0-1671474882712.png

R_

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

I have had success using the notebook here.

R_

0 Kudos
ErnestoCarreras2
New Contributor III

Hello and thank for the quick response. For some reason, it has not worked for me... it keeps spinning as it is running something in the background but nothing gets returned.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Did you paste in the item ID when prompted, then hit enter and continue running the code?

RhettZufelt_0-1671474882712.png

R_

ZakBaron
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for that clarification. I was trying a lot of variations to get the notebook to work, but that did the trick. This is a great tool to have in my kit!

0 Kudos