Connecting to Non-Federated IWA enabled ArcGIS Server with Python API

02-08-2018 02:07 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to a 10.2.2 ArcGIS Server that has web tier authentication enabled. We have IWA/NTLM set on IIS. This is a non-federated server. I'm trying to use this example: Working with different authentication schemes | ArcGIS for Developers 

When I execute it with my server URL I get an error: "UnboundLocalError: local variable 'resp' referenced before assignment". Fails at line 1047 of the "portal.py" package. Attached is a screenshot of my "conda list" command. According to this blog post I should be able to do this: Turbocharge your Python scripts with ArcGIS API for Python v1.3 | ArcGIS Blog 

I'm trying to make requests with python to an IWA server. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tags (1)
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it at all possible to switch from an NTLM server to a Kerberos server? Our internal testing asserted that this functionality worked against a Kerberos server. We got the error you received when testing python3.6.1 against an NTLM server, which we thought was related to a pywin32 bug introduced in python3.6.1. It's possible that this error is something else, however, that affects more versions of python.

AngusHooper
New Contributor III

Hi, we are also receiving the above issue. Unfortunately Kerberos is not an option. Is there a python version or environment you can recommend for testing?

FredericWalter
New Contributor III

Hi,

We 've got exactly the same issue trying to connect to Portal for ArcGIS 10.5.1 through a web adaptor with IWA using Python 3.6.4 and ArcGIS API for Python 1.3. Finally, we solved it by installing the winkerberos python package. Hope it works for you too.

deleted-user-0NXDqYAmJ8kX
New Contributor II

Installing winkerberos worked for me.

Thanks.

0 Kudos