ArcGIS Pro 3.1.0 - arcgis package does not show in default python environment

Jump to solution
03-10-2023 05:22 PM
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I recently installed ArcGIS Pro 3.1.0 and in the Package Manager I do not see the argis package? I wanted to see what version is installed and I'm not seeing it (screenshot attached)? I've searched and nothing shows in the search? I'm still very much learning on the API but this seemed odd.

In looking at another computer with ArcGIS Pro 2.9.5 in the installed packages list I see arcgis 1.9.1

I'm currently having an issue with the following statement in a python script tool/notebook and I'm wondering if the issues are related?

lyr.edit_features(updates = df.spatial.to_featureset())

I had also tried to clone the conda environment using the package manager and command line both ways fail.

Thanks in advance!

Kathy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would uninstall what you have and do a complete reinstall, something must have happened along the way

Clean uninstall of ArcGIS Pro - Esri BeLux

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

go to Add Packages

see if it is listed, and add it.  Version is 2.1 ish

You can clone it then if you want arcgis in the clone

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
kmsmikrud

Thanks Dan.

I just searched 'Add Packages' there is no arcgis or even arcpy showing up as an option. Seems odd?  I know I didn't have to add them in on the 2.9 install.

Do you think this is causing the code above to throw an error or just another issue.

thanks,

Kathy

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would uninstall what you have and do a complete reinstall, something must have happened along the way

Clean uninstall of ArcGIS Pro - Esri BeLux

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
kmsmikrud

Ok, yes I had a bad install. The uninstall/reinstall now show the arcgis and arcpy packages and the code error now works as well. I wish I would have figured this out days ago.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
alex_mapintel
New Contributor III

I had the same issue and solved the issue by clicking the Update metadata task in the Tasks widget on the bottom left of the screen.

0 Kudos