ArcGIS API Python - script to see what data is linked to what maps to what apps

10-15-2018 12:06 PM
JoshuaChan2
New Contributor III

#notAnsweredYet

is there a script to see what feature services are linked to which web maps which are linked to which apps within your account? 

I vaguely remember seeing a demo of this by John Yaist and David Martinez during the ESRI Conference in San Diego this year. But for the life of me I'm unable to find the code anywhere.

The idea is that I have a story map journal, and i'd like to create a list to see which of my AGO web maps are attached to that story map. And to go one level further, to see what feature layers are used in those AGO web maps.

The demo created a text file - or maybe an excel sheet - of that - which is exactly what I was looking for.

9 Replies
JoshuaChan2
New Contributor III

P.S. i accidentally hit the button that said "Assumed Answered" but I don't know how to turn that off.... help?

0 Kudos
JohnYaist1
Esri Contributor

Hi Joshua Chan 

The attached script is what we showed in San Diego. Let me know if you have any questions.

JoshuaChan2
New Contributor III

thanks. I'll have a look

is ipynb only viewable in Jupyter notebook?

0 Kudos
JoshuaChan2
New Contributor III

hi John

I took a look and so far so good... but I have an account on a different subscription (https://governmentofbc.maps.arcgis.com/home/signin.html ) that requires me to use a different log in. How do I access it via the "BCGOV" button instead of the usual ArcGIS Online login? 

0 Kudos
JohnYaist1
Esri Contributor

If I understand you correctly, Chan , you're asking about how you connect through the API using the authentication scheme of your organization. Take a look at the Working with different authentication schemes guide to find out which scheme you're using. The syntax for connecting with the scheme should be illustrated in the guide.

Mannus_Etten
New Contributor III

I have built a windows wpf-tool for this

CEO the Right Direction BV/Portal Genius
0 Kudos
JyrkiSaarnio
New Contributor

List of layers that has been added to webmap works fine, but is there anyway to list webmaps that has been used in web mapping application?

0 Kudos
PhilippeRieffel1
Occasional Contributor

Could you use the "related_items" method, as outlined here?

arcgis.gis module — arcgis 1.5.1 documentation 

Mannus_Etten
New Contributor III

the related_items doesn't work properly. We from the Right Direction developed a friendly product with a friendly user interface to see those relationships. The product is called Portal Analyzer (http://www.portalanalyzer.com). Unfortunately in Dutch but email me with questions or a demo.

Figuring out the relationships is quit a mess and complex.

CEO the Right Direction BV/Portal Genius
0 Kudos