Why does the SymbolStyler only display the solid line pattern?

03-24-2016 05:22 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The behavior can be seen in the sample http://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/samples/widget_symbolstyler/.

When editing a simple line or simple fill symbol the outline options for line pattern only show solid. Debugging the SymbolStyler code reveals that an array of ​solid, dot, dash, dashdot, ​and ​dashdotdot should be added but something is going wrong and only solid gets displayed.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

Here is a more modern and complete version to work with:

playground

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Robert,

I actually need to use the dijit in an application and not to just generate symbols. I'd like to use the OTB dijit so I don't have to spend time coding up everything from scratch.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

Oh, I thought you were just looking to define symbol code. You will have to report this bug to esri tech support and see if it will get fixed in the next release.

0 Kudos
MarcBate
Occasional Contributor II

I found if you change the css from claro to tundra (//js.arcgis.com/3.16/dijit/themes/tundra/tundra.css), the dropdown for the pattern works.   It would be nice to fix in claro because the widget doesn't look that great with tundra.  Also there are only a few of the line patterns available in the API in the widget.

I just noticed that the source code for the widgets are available:

arcgis-js-api/dijit at master · Esri/arcgis-js-api · GitHub

QuanTang
New Contributor II

Marc Bate try this dirty fix:

.claro .esriLinePatternInputMenu.dijitSelectMenu td.dijitMenuItemIconCell {

display: table-cell; 

}

please let me know if this works.

MarcBate
Occasional Contributor II

Yes, that works!  I just tried this sample, and replaced 3.16 with 3.17 (without your fix) and see that Esri didn't fix it in 3.17

ArcGIS API for JavaScript Sandbox