Web App Organizational Tool

02-11-2015 12:26 PM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

What do you use?

In my organization I have 5-10 Flex maps, leftovers from before the WAB. We have a growing number of javascript web apps, a solid number of REST services, and servers... I get lost some days trying to remember where I need to go to fix a map or service that's acting up.

Surely there is a tool out there that someone is using, or developing, that tracks servers to rest services, to web apps to desktop MXDs... right?

I can't be the only one!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
VenusScott

I want one too! I currently keep track of it all in a visio diagram which is a pain to create and maintain!

Doc.jpg

BrianO_keefe

Seriously...

I use Visio as well. The resulting spaghetti lines look like insanity at its finest!

ugh.

I've even begun development of a Sharepoint piece to track this stuff, but that's looking less and less tenable. With all of the javascript capabilities, you would think there would be a web-app that would manage this. Plugin your rest service endpoint and it gathers up all REST services, AND the Metadata from those services... generates a Wiki (of sorts) that lets you search for a map, that then provides you with a link to the map, a list of REST services with links to those services, a list of widgets deployed with the map... then as you visit a Wikipage for that REST service you get the option of a clickable link that opens the MXD responsible for that REST service.

Someone needs to work on this...

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe

You know what?

I think I might work on a TiddlyWiki for this... hmmmmm...

( or a OneNote document )

0 Kudos