Version 2.1 of the ArcGIS API for JavaScript released

09-20-2010 09:21 AM
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
Version 2.1 of the ArcGIS API for JavaScript was released this morning. Check out the server blog for more details:
http://blogs.esri.com/Dev/blogs/arcgisserver/default.aspx
0 Kudos
14 Replies
liuguangxiong
New Contributor
thank you for staff!
is the 2.1 javascript api support ie6.0?
0 Kudos
AndyBurns
Occasional Contributor
Thanks Kelly, great news cant wait to have a look!
0 Kudos
KenMorefield
Occasional Contributor
Kelly, could you elaborate on the Legend Widget a little bit.  I have read this: "If the layer is an ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer or ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer created using ArcGIS Server 10.0 SP1 or higher the legend is generated using the REST Map Service legend resource."

I am not able to use my own ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer in the Legend widgets (they are not on ArcGIS.com).  Does ArcGIS Server 10.0 SP1 exist yet?  Or will the functionality be available only after SP1 is made available?  I think more than a few people are scratching their heads over this...

Thanks,
Ken
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
Ken,

ArcGIS Server 10 SP1 is not available yet, so the Legend Widget will use the ArcGIS.com legend service to generate the legend for your layers. Your service does not need to be on ArcGIS.com but it does need to be publicy available and accessible by the ArcGIS.com legend service. You can test your service with this link, just enter your service in the SOAP URL field and click 'Generate Legends'.
http://www.arcgis.com/sharing/tools/legend

Kelly, could you elaborate on the Legend Widget a little bit.  I have read this: "If the layer is an ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer or ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer created using ArcGIS Server 10.0 SP1 or higher the legend is generated using the REST Map Service legend resource."

Once ArcGIS Server 10.0 SP1 is released and you publish your services with that version then the Legend widget will use be generated using the REST map service legend resource.

I am not able to use my own ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer in the Legend widgets (they are not on ArcGIS.com).  Does ArcGIS Server 10.0 SP1 exist yet?  Or will the functionality be available only after SP1 is made available?  I think more than a few people are scratching their heads over this...

Thanks,
Ken
0 Kudos
mikewebster
New Contributor II
So the API download contains a compact and normal version. I would expect the compact dir to have less content as outlined in the matrix. I don't see the difference as they have the exact same content in each directory...same size, file & dir count.
0 Kudos