Using proxy and IdentityManager in the same application

Jump to solution
04-05-2019 06:18 AM
DeanWilson
New Contributor III

I haven't been able to find anything on this sort of issue, so I'm asking.  What I'm attempting to do is allow the use of the proxy to access the secured services of an application.  This part already works fine, of course.  I'm curious on if I can use IdentityManager to just secure the editable part of a feature layer thats not attached to a web map?  So in essence we'd be hitting a secured editable service on the arcgis server (not AGOL) and then have it prompt to login to allow them to edit.  Is this just as easy as setting the owner of the layer to a specific user in portal and whenever that layer is accessed, they'll be prompted? Or is there a lot more to it?  Thanks!

-Dean

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DeanWilson
New Contributor III

Got this worked out. Just as a heads up. In this situation, if you set your proxy up to sit behind a specific user, and you set just the webmap object in portal to only organization and use a different user then what the proxy is using, then you'll get the login page when accessing that specific webmap.  Works like  charm.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DeanWilson
New Contributor III

Got this worked out. Just as a heads up. In this situation, if you set your proxy up to sit behind a specific user, and you set just the webmap object in portal to only organization and use a different user then what the proxy is using, then you'll get the login page when accessing that specific webmap.  Works like  charm.