Using a FeatureTable for rendering and applying join to a FeatureTable

09-08-2015 06:44 PM
ievgeniikudko
New Contributor

I am trying to render a dynamic layer based on the attributes which should be either edited in bulk automatically or joined to the existing feature class from my MapService.

I found this example Using FeatureTable (no map) | ArcGIS API for JavaScript , which I think may be used as a starting point, but I have no idea how to proceed further.

Thus I have a couple of questions: can a feature table be used for rendering? If yes, can I first create a feature table from a dynamic layer and then join a csv table on some objectid and render by a newly joined attribute?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
thejuskambi
Occasional Contributor III

If this is a query related to JavaScript API then you may want to post this in the right form, to get answers. Robert Scheitlin, GISPcould you please move this to the right form.

What you asking should be possible, atleast for displaying. You should be able to create a JoinDataSource and create a FeatureLayer from it, here is the post which shows how to create a FeatureLayer from JoinDataSource.

Re: Using join data source as source for feature layer

However, I am not sure about if you could do editing on such layer. I have not try it.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

done

0 Kudos
ievgeniikudko
New Contributor

Thank you for pointing out that topic. This is definitely a good start for me. However, I remember reading about TableDataSource on ArcGIS API help and I did not get whether a .csv table can be used to create a table object. The help is saying that "The TableDataSource class defines and provides information about a table... that resides in a registered file geodatabase, SDE or Shapefile workspace". I would not want to store all my tables in the geodatabase, because potentially there can be a lot of them. I would like to use a geodatabase only to store my key feature classes (I have only 4 of them). And as far as I understand, a csv table that resides in the folder on a server does not satisfy this description. Am I right here?

0 Kudos