URL to Specific Map Journal Sections Progressively Landing in Wrong Place

03-16-2020 07:57 PM
ConsumerWatchdog
New Contributor

I am hosting a classic story map (map journal style).

I would like to be able to share URLs that link directly to a specific story, which I have successfully done by adding: ?section=  to the end of the map URL

This works for the first 14 to 18 sections (out of 50), but as the story goes on, the URL opens farther and farther from the start of the section in the side panel (the mainstage functions normally and lands in the right spot):

Section 7

Section 30

Does anyone have an idea why the landing progressively changes with links to sections farther down in the story? And any idea how to address the issue?

Thank you so much!

Julia

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ConsumerWatchdog
New Contributor

I realize this is probably an edge case, but one idea is that the side panel slides down to the appropriate section before all the videos are loaded (most sections start with a video before text content). Once the videos load, the location of the side panel section is distant from where it would be had the videos not taken up space.

Anyone have any ideas for this or ways for the map to load with the URL then be prompted again to navigate to the section of interest?

Thank you!

Julia

0 Kudos