Symbology for dynamic layers with raster data source

06-20-2013 08:40 AM
LesleyBross
New Contributor II
I am able to successfully change the LayerDataSource of an ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer using Javascript. However, when I change the data source I lose the symbology associated with the original map service. The map renders in black and white. The catch is that the underlying data source is raster data rather than vector data. I've been unable to find a Javascript API to modify the symbology for raster data. What am I missing?
6 Replies
JacksonGilman1
New Contributor III
You say you're using an ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer...have you tried ArcGISImageServiceLayer?  It seems like this sample is what you would need to get started

https://developers.arcgis.com/en/javascript/jssamples/image_shadedreliefslope.html

Good luck!
0 Kudos
LesleyBross
New Contributor II
Good suggestion. Unfortunately the ArcGISImageService does not appear to support dynamic layers. Our application design requires the ability to swap out the underlying data source which is supported by the ArcGISMapService. Thanks -- Lesley
0 Kudos
JacksonGilman1
New Contributor III
Oh, I see, so it's not just that you need to change how the layer is rendered, but you need to actually change the sources as well?
0 Kudos
LesleyBross
New Contributor II
Exactly. Thanks!
0 Kudos
AlanHammersmith
New Contributor III
Did you ever find a way to do this?  I am having the same problem.

Thanks,
Alan
0 Kudos
JoshObrecht
Occasional Contributor

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am having difficulties performing this.

0 Kudos