Refresh of PictureMarkerSymbol source image issue.

11-04-2014 03:28 AM
MarkSmith
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a graphics refresh issue.  I'm adding a PictureMarkerSymbol into a graphics layer which has a png image as its source url.

var theSymbol = new esri.symbol.PictureMarkerSymbol({

"url": "IMAGES/TestImage.png",

"height": 30,

"width": 30

});

var mapPoint = new esri.geometry.Point(350000, 900000, new esri.SpatialReference({ wkid: 27700 }))

var graphic = new esri.Graphic(mapPoint, theSymbol)

customGraphicsLayer.add(graphic);

This works fine, but the problem is the source image changes periodically, it's updated externally and I need the graphic icon on the map to update when the user clicks an update button (actually I've only added a button for testing, ultimately I'll automate it).  However I can't get the API/browser to forget about the previous image.  I've tried clearing the graphics, removing the graphics layer and adding it again, and adding a new PictureMarkerSymbol after I know the source png image has changed, but it seems that once the API/browser knows about the original image it assumes it hasn't changed and re-uses the original image from somewhere in its memory.  Doing a full page refresh isn't really an option.

Can anyone suggest how I can make sure my PictureMarkerSymbol grabs the latest image, not what it thinks the image is?

Thank you.

Mark.

0 Kudos
0 Replies