"Error executing tool. Export Web Map Task" on secure layer

01-30-2018 12:05 PM
Travis_L_Riffle
New Contributor II

I saw this question asked in a different part of the forums and it was never answered.  I am having the same issue.  

I am trying to use the print widget to print a secure map (per the below example of a secure map).  None of our stuff is on-prem, it's all ESRI cloud. 

I am using a proxy from GitHub - GitHub - Esri/resource-proxy and all calls work fine - except the print widget when attempting to export a SECURE map.  I have ensured my credentials were working correctly.  

{"error":{"code":400,"message":"Unable to complete operation.","details":["Error executing tool. Export Web Map Task : Layer \"2016 USA Population Density\": Unable to connect to map server at https://demographics6.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/USA_Demographics_and_Boundaries_2016/MapServer... to execute (Export Web Map).\nFailed to execute (Export Web Map Task)."]}}

Thanks in advance,

T

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Travis,

Do you have anything set-up for allowedReferers or mustMatch?

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Hey Travis,

I just tried loading your secured layer to see what would happen... something interesting... I'm not sure it's related, but I got into an infinite redirect loop:

0 Kudos
Travis_L_Riffle
New Contributor II

Do you have anything set-up for allowedReferers or mustMatch?

<ProxyConfig allowedReferers="*"
mustMatch="true">

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Print maps that contain secured services—Documentation (10.5) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

It's working for me. 

Or you can put token to your Web_Map_as_JSON parameter.

Travis_L_Riffle
New Contributor II

Are you on prem?

0 Kudos
Travis_L_Riffle
New Contributor II

This is for on-prem.  I am trying to accomplish this through ARCGis cloud services only.  

Our webapp calls into the proxy which then calls the print service.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can try to modify Web_Map_as_JSON parameter, service url to "http://yourhost/proxy/proxy.ashx?service_url".

Travis_L_Riffle
New Contributor II

I'll try to find this in the API and see if this has an affect.

0 Kudos