Public Notification: General JS Guidance... geometry display and locator outSR

09-19-2017 09:38 AM
AwesomeEvan
Occasional Contributor

I have 2 issues with my public notification app that I think I understand, but I need some guidance going about fixing them...

1) after selecting a parcel and choosing a buffer then executing the geoprocess... a buffer is drawn on the map, but only one property appears highlighted on the map (appears to just be the first returned), however the mailing labels and/or csv are complete with all the expected results of the buffer... its just not drawing them all on the map?!

Map Result

PDF Produced

2) the search query task works but when it goes to draw it on the map it doesnt reproject the layer. The service is published in UTM 17N. I believe the query just needs &outSR=102100 appended to it, but I am unsure how to go about this in the code for the locator widget. 

its all internal so no link

any help is appreciated.

Cheers

NOTE

Just to clarify the Public Notification app is a Local Government Template

Public Notification | ArcGIS for Local Government 

Live demo

Public Notification 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
thejuskambi
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Evan,

It would be really helpful, if you could share some code and also let us know which version of the api you are using.

1) From what you are explaining, it looks like you might be using same variable to create new graphic before adding it to map. So, it might be updating the same graphic and only the last graphic is visible on the map. Please share some code.

Regards,

Thejus

0 Kudos
AwesomeEvan
Occasional Contributor

Thanks...

Just to clarify the Public Notification app is a Local Government Template

Live demo

Public Notification 

The code is all default per the template, I just entered my services in the config.... and everything seems to work except these quirks I mentioned above... 

My service shares all the results to create the pdf, but not to draw it on the map? 

0 Kudos
thejuskambi

Hello Evan,

Were you able to resolve the issue?

What configuration do have for "parcelInformation.LowParcelIdentification" in config.js? If my understanding is correct, there will be only one graphic added to the map for each LowParcelIdentification id, whereas the result will be for all the features returned from the query. Does your data has the same value for that field?

~ Thejus

AllisonMuise1

Evan Sepa

I've seen this before, but it's been a while, so I'm a little fuzzy on the fix. Is your basemap also in UTM 17N?

I know that all your layers and the basemap need to use the same coordinate system. I do not remember if that can be any coordinate system, or if it must be web mercator.

-Allison

AwesomeEvan
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Allison Muise‌ and thejus kambi

I had originally quoted out low parcel, because it is in the Local Gov model but not the Canadian Local Gov (CMDM) that I'm using... I used the same attribute for Low Parcel and it seems to now draw all the parcels when buffering.

config.js ORIGINAL

//Fields information for parcels
ParcelInformation: {
//LowParcelIdentification: "LOWPARCELID",
ParcelIdentification: "ParcelID",
AliasParcelField: "Parcel Identification Number",
SiteAddress: "FullAddress"
},

config.js UPDATED

//Fields information for parcels
ParcelInformation: {
LowParcelIdentification: "ParcelID",
ParcelIdentification: "ParcelID",
AliasParcelField: "Parcel Identification Number",
SiteAddress: "FullAddress"
},

Also, I think I'll publish all the layers in web mercator, I expect this should work based on what I'm experiencing....

I'll provide an update later...

Thanks again

0 Kudos
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

Hello, 

In January 2018, the Public Notification application has been replaced by a new Web AppBuilder configuration.

The version referenced in this post has been moved into mature support.

Thanks,

Chris