Problems with API JavaScript 3.5 fro ArcGIS, using PAN and ZOOM functionalities from touch screens from google Chrome.

Jump to solution
08-14-2018 12:17 PM
DeyaniraMartinez_Lucero
New Contributor II

Hi! I am using the API javascript 3.5 with Chrome from touch screens, but the zooming and panning features are not working; I even tried the ESRI examples of the API 3.5, from chrome, using touch screens, it does not allow to zooming or move.

With Intrnet Explorer there isn't problems, only with Chrome.

Can someone help me please...

0 Kudos
33 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks, we are looking into it.

DeyaniraMartinez_Lucero
New Contributor II

We used screen touch and Windows tablets, and in both case the pan and zoom touch don't work. We detected that the problem is the google chrome update 68.X, because with Chrome 67.x work fine.

ShanaLowe
New Contributor II

I am also working with Esri tech support.  They have confirmed that it is a bug (BUG-000116174) and are working on issue.  Coudl it be related to this deprecation in Chrome 68:  Remove document.createTouch

The document.createTouch() method is being removed because the Touch() constructor has been supported since Chrome 48. This follows a long-standing trend in JavaScript APIs of moving away from factory functions and toward constructors. The closely-related document.createTouchList() method is expected to be removed in Chrome 69.

0 Kudos
ShanaLowe
New Contributor II

FYI - Esri has not made any movement on this bug as of yet.  If people are affected by it, they should contact Esri to try to escalate the bug.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

There is a bug (BUG-000116101 Unable to pan map in Google Chrome with ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.x application.) logged and we are working on it. 

Thanks

LanceGoens
New Contributor III

Just found out today we are affected by this also. Chrome v68 and JS API 3.21. Do we need to actually contact ESRI support or should I just monitor this thread for updates?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Call support so that the bug will get escalated.

0 Kudos
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor

Just wanted to give a head's up...this bug has been verified and fixed with our next 4.9 version. This is slated for release towards the end of September.

Hope this helps. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

0 Kudos
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor

I meant to say, it's been addressed for 3.26. Sorry for any confusion.

LanceGoens
New Contributor III

Heather Gonzago We are currently on 3.21. Can or will the fix be implemented on 3.21?

0 Kudos