PrintTask shows copyright from service

Jump to solution
08-26-2013 04:16 AM
DainiusTamosiunas
New Contributor III
I'm using PrintTask to get my map in JPG format and everything goes ok, except if any of services, loaded on map, have some copyright text, that text is being added at the bottom right corner of JPG. I'm using MAP_ONLY template. I have full control of application and Export Web Map task server. Services are hosted elsewhere and I can't modify their properties. I need to get rid of those copyright texts in JPG. Tried to use layoutOptions hoping it would replace service's copyright, but had no luck with that. As I reduce DPI parameter, the copyright text becomes smaller, but it affects image quality so it's not a solution. Printing function code below:

var url ='https://my.domain.com/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export Web Map Task'; var template = new esri.tasks.PrintTemplate();   template.exportOptions = {  width: 500,  height: 530,  dpi: 200   };   template.format = "JPG";   template.layoutTemplate = "MAP_ONLY";   template.preserveScale = false;   template.layoutOptions = {  'copyright' : 'better this text, than from service...'   }; var printTask = new esri.tasks.PrintTask(url); var printResult = function(result){  /* outputs link to download JPG */ }; var params = new esri.tasks.PrintParameters(); params.map = map; params.template = template; printTask.execute(params, printResult);

Attached a resulting JPG.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
setting PrintTemplate.showAttribution = false will remove the copyright information from the printout, but be warned that data vendors don't typically want you distributing prints without this info.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
setting PrintTemplate.showAttribution = false will remove the copyright information from the printout, but be warned that data vendors don't typically want you distributing prints without this info.
0 Kudos
DainiusTamosiunas
New Contributor III

That worked! Thanks
0 Kudos