More geometryEngine samples?

02-07-2017 06:43 AM
DavidChrest
Occasional Contributor II

Are there any more samples out there using the many methods of the geometryEngine (esri/geometry/geometryEngine | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.19 )? I have seen this blog series; GeometryEngine | ArcGIS Blog  and have utilized geometryEngine for a nice select-buffer-select tool, but was wondering what else was out there anybody may have? There is a lot of methods here that look to do many handy client side analysis.

Thanks for any samples provided.

David

0 Kudos
17 Replies
DavidChrest

I downloaded your code from but I'm having trouble understanding how to set it up so the web site works from my end. Exactly what files would I need and what is the folder structure?

0 Kudos
JeffJacobson
Occasional Contributor III

You shouldn't have to rearrange any files. The folder structure should work as-is.

If you can't get the code from the main branch working, try downloading from the gh-pages branch. That is literally where the demo is running from.

0 Kudos
DavidChrest

OK downloaded the ZIP from that site and have all contents in a folder:

I try to open index.html and just get a blank white page with only the "Source on GitHub" banner in the lower-left corner and

these errors in the Console.

0 Kudos
JeffJacobson

If you’re not already, you’ll need to run a web server (e.g., IIS Express). You can’t run JavaScript files from other servers if your URL starts with file://.

0 Kudos
DavidChrest

Yes, I've tried that and I get an error message too. I have many web apps on two different servers. But when I try to access yours, the web page is now blank with a line stating, "The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred." I the console I get "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)." The resource is the server (abc.def.org). So there is definitely something up here because I have never seen this before. I have all kinds of web sites with an index.html and code in css, javascript, etc. folders and all works well. You have some other files such as .config and .sln files I am not familiar with. Could these be doing it?

0 Kudos
DavidChrest

OK, I experimented a bit. Looks like its your Web.config file. When I remove it your web site now comes up but I can only buffer points I click on the map and your roads don't get selected. I see that it's trying to access your webmap.json file which has url endpoints in it. When I include the Web.config file, the web site does not come up. Without it, it comes up but I get all those URL erros like, "Error: Unable to complete  operation. [url:http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/geosvcs/ArcGIS/rest/services/Shared/RegionalTransportationPlanning/MapServer]."

Fore some reason your Web.config file preventing from things working.

0 Kudos
JeffJacobson

The demo was pointing to some services that had been moved to a different server. I modified the demo to use an AGOL webmap to fix this issue.

0 Kudos
DavidChrest

OK, great! Thanks so very much for you help! I will give this another try soon. Great code by the way. Learned some new things.

0 Kudos